Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Top Ten Tuesday...
Top Ten Inappropriate Songs for Weddings and Funerals

Wedding:

The Rolling Stones: (I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction
Eurythmics: Thorn in My Side
The Rolling Stones: You Can’t Always Get What You Want
Annie Lennox: Thin Line Between Love and Hate
Harry Connick, Jr.: Don’t Get Around Much Anymore

Funeral:

Simon and Garfunkel: Bye Bye Love
Judy Garland: Over the Rainbow
Charlie Daniels Band: The Devil Went Down to Georgia
The Temptations: I Can’t Get Next to You
Pet Shop Boys: What Have I Done to Deserve This?

2 comments:

Joan said...

Laura, these are funny but if you have read my blog, you know that I want "Over the Rainbow" sung at my funeral. It may be inappropriate to others but to me it's the best choice ever. LOL

Joan

Kaye said...

Oh my heck! Back East as you know they play all sorts of songs at wedding receptions and I was just wondering how many playlists those particular songs were on!! What a riot!