Wednesday, August 20, 2008

A Significant Birthday...
…that is what my former (notice I didn't say old) roommate is having this week. At least that is what she called it on her blog. I think it’s a handy euphemism. “significant” is much nicer than, say, “overwhelming,” “momentous,” “epic,” …you get the idea.

I, quite frankly, can’t believe she’s any older than when I last saw her. In the pictures I’ve seen, she looks exactly the same—even better. I can’t believe it’s been over 18 years. I don’t feel any older.

All those years ago, she was the mature one in the apartment. She had the full time job and the full time boyfriend. He became her full time husband in short order. I’d entertain you with some of the stories from those days, but I’d come off looking incredibly immature…and stupid.

So…HAPPY SIGNIFICANT BIRTHDAY BEC-STER! (I’ll be joining you in a few months…ahem).


After the pudding fight

(hey...do you guys still do this??)

1 comment:

LAYTON FAMILY said...

Laura...thanks for the lovely SIGNIFICANT birthday post. We laughed so hard! Both at the photo and the use of the word MATURE. Not exactly how I remember that year, but I'll take the compliment anyway.
No...we don't still do this. However, on my kitchen wall in Italian it says, "Eat ice cream and dance naked". Our stake high councilman says he's seen at least one of those things every time he's been at our house. Surprised? I didn't think so.