Thursday, August 7, 2008

I came upstairs the other day and heard the rustling of pages and Katie intermittently muttering words like, "Hmmm...Ewww!...Ick...Mmmm." I turned the corner to find her kicking back on our bed with her nose in a cook book. It was Ina Garten: Barefoot Contessa Parties! Maybe I'm raising a foodie! This was the conversation we had...

Me: What are you doing?

Katie: Planning my birthday party.

Me: Really? What are we having?

Katie: This...(furrows her brow) Mom, what is this?

Me (looking at the page): Rugelach (I'm sure I slaughtered the pronunciation)

Katie: Not cim-a-nun rolls?

Me: Nope. They're called Rugelach.

Katie stopped to think for a minute.

Kate: Mom... I think you're wrong.

What else is new?


RUGELACH!

1 comment:

Mandella Green said...

HEY! Glad you found me! Its good to see you doing so well! I'll update the blog once the kiddies start school. K?