Monday, July 14, 2008


Who are these cute people?

That would be Jerry and Tina. My Mom and Dad. I am thinking of posting spotlights of people in my life from time to time and why they are important to me. This seemed like a good place to start, because I suppose this is where I started. My dad told me once that he and mom were engaged for "a year, a month and a day." He then looked at me wryly and muttered, "It was too long."


I frequently tell people that I had a very Leave it to Beaver upbringing. By today's standards, I guess both my parents were pretty strict. Can I say how thankful I am for that now? As I get older I sound more and more like my parents. Sometimes that scares me. Most of the time I think it's ok. My parents taught me values. They taught me right from wrong and weren't afraid to back it up by walking the walk. They were committed to each other, to our family and to God. Not a bad way to grow up.


I miss my Dad every day. He was my biggest fan. My mom continues to support me. She's saved my life on more than one occasion. I count myself very blessed.

No comments: