Saturday, July 5, 2008

If you don't believe in Ghosts, you've never been to a family reunion~Ashleigh Brilliant

What is it about family reunions? I’ve heard my fair share of horror stories, but haven’t had quite the blood congealing experiences of some of my friends. I suppose I’m lucky. While Ford’s family is full of different types of personalities (a euphemism for nut cases), I like everyone very much. Don’t get me wrong, there are all kinds of hiccups in these familial relationships--and there was that one year I came back from the reunion with a twitch in my right eye that lasted 8 months--but I really, really appreciate how comfortable I feel around Ford’s family (maybe I should be panicked by that).


As you can probably tell, we just ended a week long family chaos insanity reunion, and the only ghosts present were in the form of memories. I really enjoyed this year’s reunion. It was a bit disjointed…we weren’t all staying right next to each other as in years past (Ford’s parents own time-share condo’s but we only use them every other year—the family keeps expanding…we’re kind of like rabbits). We started the week in Bear Lake. Afterwards we all dispersed to various locations in the valley, meeting each day to eat and play. It was a fun time, especially for our children. I think my kids suffered from withdrawals after everyone went home. Cousins are a great source of entertainment and daily excitement.



Los Tres Amigos


A quiet moment at Bear Lake...no really... there
was a quiet moment


Yes...they let us into the Olive Garden. All
34 of us!


Note K's kool-aid mustache--always an indication
of a good BBQ

This reunion had a little bit of everything...
even a cow



The stop sign on the right is kind of ironic
if you consider the abundance of fireworks
we lit off that night...at least the cops didn't
show up!

No comments: