Thursday, April 16, 2009

We are "vacationing" in Arizona right now. Vacationing is in quotes because I'm on my own with the three kids. More accurately I should say, they are vacationing and I am just trying to keep up. My vacation will come the day after we get back and they are in school. Ahhhh...

So the other day we were driving back from the Arizona Museum of Natural History. My oldest, out of the relative quiet of the back seat asks, "Mom, where are the terrorists in Arizona?" My brother and I exchanged a questioning look.
"Terrorists? Honey...there are no terrorists in Arizona."
"Ya-huh! That billboard back there said, 'Terrorist Information.'" My brother and I started to laugh. We had just driven past the Gilbert City municipal buildings. I responded, "No honey, not terrorist...it's tourist information." I tried to explain the difference between the two words, just to erase that worried wrinkle in his brow.

One carries a camera and is victim of over priced cotten candy at a baseball game (12 bucks) ...the other carries an oozie.

1 comment:

Joan said...

You know, it's sad that he even has to know what a terrorist is.