Wednesday, April 1, 2009


and OUT like a lion...

Add "snow" to your list of four letter words, the really naughty ones that would have gotten your mouth washed out with soap as a kid. We've had snow for nearly four days in a row...and I would like to point out that, theoretically...it's SPRING. Hello! So far the only evidence of Spring is the part of our fence that is now in the neighbor's yard. Around here, it ain't Spring until gale force winds blow and we make a call to our insurance agent. I thought this latest destruction might be a good omen, the wind ushering in warmer temperatures and a reprieve for the neighbor's daffodils. No go.

Today I woke up to snow,again. I'm so glad the door to my room was closed because I used some blue language to express my appreciation to Mother Nature for the April Fool's joke. By noon the snow had passed...along with the urge to pick up car pool in my thermal underwear and take hot chocolate intravenously.

Oh, and another bonus to the unseasonally cold temperatures...
I would have posted much, much earlier but the weather messes with the internet connection, taking me back to 1995 when "online" refered to an alternate method of drying laundry.

Warmer days are ahead...warmer days are ahead...say it with me now...

2 comments:

A Musing Mother said...

I love the way your write! Let's think "Cancun."

Joan said...

Warmer days are ahead.....warmer days are ahead....warmer days are ahead. My mantra too these days and
Spring last year was almost as bad. It went right from cold to hot and we missed a nice Spring last year too. Good thing we had a lovely Fall last year or I would be sceaming and saying 4 letter words too. I have been known to say one every year or so. LOL