Monday, February 9, 2009



Me and Dad 1969

How do I blog this?

My Dad has been gone for six years now and I have to say that I am profoundly grateful for the brain’s ability to store memory. For the past few years it’s acted like a rolodex of the very best moments with him. I can rifle through, pull out a choice experience, close my eyes and relive it again. So even though my goofy, cynical, wise, and at times irreverent Father is no longer with me physically he’s never really that far away. My Mom says she likes to think of him as with her, just in another room. So, he’s around. Out of sight but never out of mind. Love you Dad. Always.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very touching and so well written. You have a gift girl!

ScrapBox Organization & Storage said...

What sweet thoughts. I know the relationship you had with your dad was special and I can't imagine how it feels to have him gone. (but not gone . . .) I often think of my grandparents who I loved dearly and it's nice to remember the very best things--not the failing of their earthly bodies at the end. Thank goodness for the promise of being together again.

A Musing Mother said...

Well put, my friend!

Joan said...

You still look like you did when you were a little girl....so cute. What a great picture! Cherish the memories. My Dad turns 80 this summer and I can hardly stand the thought of him not being there one day.