Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Top Ten Tuesday

Top Ten Things Keeping Me up at Night

1) Child #1, child #2, child #3. They take turns with their cold-weather ailments, nightmares and stall tactics, making a full nights sleep a distant memory...uh, when exactly do I get to sleep again?? Anyone? Anyone??

2) That weird clink-clank sound that happens every night at 2:30 a.m. I suspect the duct work but haven't completely ruled out the supernatural...

3) Jane Eyre, Pride and Prejudice, Persuasion, Sense and Sensibility...I'm going through a major bonnet phase

4) My bladder. The very second I find the sweet spot in my bed, all warm and cozy under my down comforter and...ping! Nature calls--grrrr

5) The nagging thought that after my husband burns down our home when his ethanol still explodes...I will have to live with my mother!

6) How do I raise my boys to become responsible, hardworking, honest, sensitive, non-perverted men, when popular culture preaches the exact opposite?

7) The fear of falling asleep and having that dream...the one where I'm pregnant again and I don't know who the father is. Actually...I kind of like that dream.

8) When my kids are all in school and I FINALLY decide to rejoin the work force...will anyone want me? Will I be able to speak in complete sentences? Will I know how to get along with grown-ups? What if the interview is over lunch and I reach over and cut up the interviewer's meat? Maybe I should forget the whole idea and stay home and dust...

9) What's with the injustice of aging? I sacrificed a lot of my youth having kids and taking care of my family. Why is my reward a slow metabolism, extra padding and sagging...everything?

10) My sister-in-law's phone calls which bring up so many questions that I'm thinking about our conversation until 2:00 a.m., 3:00 a.m., 4:00 a.m....

6 comments:

LAYTON FAMILY said...

funny stuff! I can so relate to the pregnancy dream, the sagging everything, the need to pee...all of it. too funny!

Wendy said...

My brother and I had a conversation about rejoining the work force and the choice in staying home with children yesterday. I liked the reference to "Mr. Mom." It is one of my favorite movies.

Susan said...

sleeping? I don't know. I have teenagers and I still don't sleep through the night...although for different reasons.

Joan said...

Then there is the " I don't even know why I am not sleeping" thing. I am not stressed, I don't have to pee, I don't have kids around, and yet I still have trouble getting to sleep and staying there. Let's blame it on hormones.

Kaye said...

LOL to #7! And about the work force. . . don't look to me for any answers on THAT front. I feel like I am totally wasting my degrees, but I just can't find anything I would rather do than teach people to save their memories. Oh well. Remember this life is just one line of perforated dots in the toilet paper of life!

ScrapBox Organization & Storage said...

Ahh, the padding and the sagging. Gotta love it.