Friday, November 7, 2008

Bon Voyage Bec-ster!

Next week it's my turn to have a "significant" birthday. I'm not terribly thrilled with this one...especially since I thought that such a milestone year would be accompanied by some physical changes. No, I'm not talking about everything heading south (which it is). I'm talking about the injustice of having a face where acne and wrinkles coexist. Come on! There have to be some advantages to getting older. I guess the external breakouts are a manifestation of my internal adolescent mentality (which I will never outgrow I am sure).

Anyway...I'm celebrating next weekend by escaping to a Marriott by myself for a scheduled nervous breakdown. Contrast this with my former roomie, Rebecca, who is celebrating her 40th year by departing on Saturday for CAMBODIA. Yes, my altruistic friend is traveling across the globe to help build homes and buy diapers for little Cambodian babies. My love, prayers and admiration go with you. I expect pictures and a lot of detail when you get back!

3 comments:

LAYTON FAMILY said...

So sweet! How about you hold off on the the breakdown and instead we plan a college roommate reunion in Provo. We'll call Michele and whoever else we can find, book and room and party like the 40 year old rock stars we really are. 40 rocks!

Anonymous said...

I love the scheduled nervous breakdown plan! I hope you have some good chocolate, a great book, & some chick flicks. Oh, and now would be a good time to break out that bottle of wine you have hidden away. Cheers!

Happy Birthday Laura!!! xo

Joan said...

Shoot Laura, 40 is nothing. Really, it didn't bother me a bit. Neither did 50. I don't think 60 will either when I get there but you never know. 41 ticked me off for some reason though. LOL Enjoy this year. You are beautiful, thin and young looking and have so much to celebrate so it shouldn't bother you a bit either. One get's wiser with each year I have found, so instead of having a breakdown, have a "reach-up" and embrace life to the fullest years.