Tuesday, December 6, 2011

help from on high...

This past weekend I burned a wire between here and heaven. I spent a lot of time on my knees because I am not a calm mom. Nope. Not my thang. This doesn't exactly help with peace and harmony around the house. I've been doing much better, but in moments of stress I still yell more than I'd like. I figured a heavenly assist would be useful. Well...evidently, the praying helped! At 9:00 p.m. Sunday evening, my pajama clad daughter came out of her room crying. She held up a blue piece of paper for my perusal. Fantasy book report due the next morning. She hadn't read the book.

At this moment the heaven's parted. My head didn't spin around on my neck. Steam didn't shoot out of my ears or other orifices. And I didn't yell! I shrugged my shoulders and said, "Guess you'll turn it in late." Of course my daughter, being related, got stubborn and decided to do the book report anyway. She stayed up late and read the book. She drew scenes from her book and covered a box with her drawings. The next morning she filled out the summary sheet and actually made it to school on time. She did her presentation and got a 98%. The biggest miracle? She did it all without a single meltdown.

...praying works!

2 comments:

Kaye said...

Phew! Crisis averted!!!

Joan said...

This is actually a very tender story. I remember my yelling days and how I had to learn to change my ways too. Those wires and sore knees really work and in the end it much calmer.