Saturday, May 22, 2010

A little eavesdropping never hurt anyone...

Every week I take my oldest son and his friend to Karate. I get great insights into the nine year old mind by listening to their conversations. I make sure the radio is on so they don't think I'm listening but not so loud that I can't hear. This was one of their most recent exchanges...almost verbatim.

J: Dude, did you know that Obama is trying to make it so no one can have guns?

B: No way!

J: Yes he is. You know what that means?

B: What?

J: Our military guys are gonna have to use bows and arrows!

B (with great concern): Dude, that's never gonna work against tanks...

3 comments:

Wendy said...

He's right you know. A bow and arrow is NO match for a tank. How insightful!

A Musing Mother said...

Dude, did you hear that Obama is making everybody pay for other people's healthcare?

No way is this going to work.

Can I borrow a bow and arrow?

Joan said...

I wish we were all back to bows and arrows. The casualties would be much less, and I'm thinking maybe the cost would be too. wink