Thursday, August 20, 2009

The Colors of Summer


Blue


In the heat of the day, in the cool of the pool...
nothing like it!









...Orange


Or any other color popsicle! You gotta love a popsicle in the hands of a two year old. He's oblivious as the juice dribbles down his chin and both arms. You get in on the action when he wraps both arms around your leg for a sticky hug.







Red, White and Blue


These colors fly high all through the month of July. Around here they mean parades, hot dogs, cousins and fireworks.



And my FAVORITE color today????
the big yellow school bus
that just drove past my house

3 comments:

Joan said...

What a darling picture. They are very cute kids. I like a popcycle in the hands of a 50 something year old too. Yummy, nothing better on a hot day. The pool would be nice too, but my days of squeezing into a swimsuit are over.

plaidmom said...

I love the colors of summer, too. But yellow is the color that says "summer is over" for me. I wish it would stay at bay. Unless the popscicle is yellow. ;) I don't know how the summer always seems to go by so fast, and the rest of the year seems to drag on. I can't believe how big your oldest is getting! He looks like a young man instead of a little kid now, doesn't he!?

Kaye said...

I love this ponderance. Hmmm. . . I think I just made that word up. Cute photos!!!