Saturday, October 4, 2008

"There is one friend in the life of each of us who seems not a separate person, however dear and beloved, but an expansion, an interpretation, of one's self, the very meaning of one's soul." Edith Wharton

Thanks to Joan for this quote. I've relected on it quite a bit this past week. I am blessed to have three such people in my life.

Carrie has been, of late, a disembodied anchor to my soul (owing to the magic of electronic communication). She is honesty on legs. She listens without judgement. She is kind. She is wise. And she is able to sooth my lagging spirits with amazingly few words.

Michelle is another kindred spirit who in times of distress, plants her feet firmly on the ground and volunteers her own strength to supplement mine. We share the same tendency to obsess over the topic du jour and is a comrade in all things French.

Laura J. is difficult to summarize. For years I've recognized her as another part of myself. We've often joked about the possibility that we might have been separated at birth. We are very similar but different enough that we don't get on each others nerves. She is non-judgemental, mostly because in her life's experiences she has, "been there...done that."

I feel fortunate indeed...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, you're fortunate!

Please see this:
HOTELS, HEALTH AND BEAUTY, DENTAL
PLANS, SATELLITE TV NETWORK, WIRELESS PHONES, GIFTS and ENTERTAINMENT!!!

Very often we have thoughts like this:
"Where I can find an accurate and the best information regarding..." and usually we don't, waste time and money because we dont't have that in our hands or close to us, so right here in this friendly Blog and Websites you will find some of the things we need very often and sometimes daily!, take a minute to see all this very valuble INFORMATION and OPPORTUNITY!!!... Orlando.
My Blog: http://bestplacetovisit.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the kind words (if that Carrie was indeed me). I don't deserve your praises, I didn't even buy you lunch. I'm sure you did it because I read your blog :) You're easy to be friends with & your realness is refreshing. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you got spammed.